The Search for a New Personal Care Physician is Now in Progress

Victor
By -
0
Let me start by saying this--Thank you.

Thanks to each and everyone of you that took the time to comment on this website, on my Facebook Wall, and who sent me personal emails regarding the untimely death of our wonderful personal care physicians--Doctor Carlos Chiriboga.

Your kind words give me comfort, and importantly help empower me to move forward.

I already started the search for a new personal care physician. Unlike, last time, I actually know what I am doing this time.. Many of you know it took me 14 months, and 4 physicians to get it right last time around. I am now realizing how little I knew at the time.

I now realize, I was asking the wrong questions and looking in the wrong places.

Here are the dumbest questions I asked last time around.
  • Do you have patients in your practice that suffer from dementia?
  • Are you familiar with the treatments for Alzheimer's and dementia?
  • Can you give my mother the kind of care and treatment she is going to need?

I don't have all my questions ready for this time around, but I will by Wednesday when we interview--that is right interview--our first personal care physician.

Here are some of the things I intend to ask.
  • Where did you go to medical school?
  • How much time did you spend in medical school studying Alzheimer's and dementia?
  • Since medical school did you have follow-up training, or have you attended any seminars where you leaned more about Alzheimer's.
  • If I walked in here today and told you I suspected my mother was suffering from Alzheimer's what would you do?
  • Would you consider giving a person in the early stage of Alzheimer's a combination of Aricept and Namenda?
I have more questions prepared. But right now, I am interested in finding out what you would ask the doctor? Please use the comments box below this article. No direct emails on this one.

Sometime soon I am also going to tell you how I found the new candidates. You might be surprised to learn how I did it.

Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room

Enter your email address:


Popular articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room

Bob DeMarco is the Founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The blog contains more than 2,255 articles with more than 272,100 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.

The Alzheimer's Action Plan

 

The Art of Dementia Care


Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)