Dotty As Clean As A Hounds Tooth -- New Milestone for Alzheimer's Caregiving

Victor
By -
0
Life. You just never know what is going to happen.

Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room

New Milestone for Alzheimer's Caregiving

Excuse me for chuckling throughout this article. I just gave Dotty what can best be described as a "monster" shower. She is cleaner then a "hounds tooth".

Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Email:

Since I can already anticipating being asked,

I cleaned every nook and cranny -- 

including behind her ears and between her toes. Dotty has a lot of nooks and crannies by the way.

That was my first time.

Whoa. No problemo. Easier then I thought.

Dotty, complete cooperation. Well except when I started spraying her with the water. She kept going -- ew ew....ew ew....then we got into the flow.

After the shower, I rubbed Dotty down head to toe with lotion. I knew you were going to ask. Give me a week or two and I'll have that skin smooth as silk. I have been rubbing her legs and back for a while and relied on her to do the rest.

Men might be wondering if I found this in any way disconcerting. Hmm, maybe the women are also.

Not a bit. Not a single moment of trepidation, fear, or worry. Hey, you just gear up mentally and get the job done.

I had a lot of fun, once I gave it some thought. Dotty once again told me I should be a nurse. She says I did a good job. Hopefully, she can come on this so called blog and tell you herself soon. ;>)

Life. You just never know what is going to happen.

Next I have to figure out how to get Dotty into the nail parlor. Those nails are looking kinda gnarly.

Maybe God blessed me with some kind of a woman gene or something. This stuff is easier then I thought. Not easy, easier then I thought.

Don't worry, I am an Alzheimer's caregiver and I'll be lamenting or complaining soon enough.

Off to the doctor shortly. This could end up being a real challenge.

Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The ARR Knowledge Base contians more than 4,600 articles. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
Related Articles in the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)