Dotty Quick Update

Victor
By -
0
By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room


As a result of a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis it appears that Dotty has some kind of pneumonia. I learned this on the phone from the doctor's office. We are heading into the doctor this afternoon to get the full blown diagnosis.


Last week our doctor decided to prescribe an antibiotic because she suspected that Dotty might be heading for pneumonia. This was a stroke of good fortune.

Dotty is getting better. No doubt about that. She looks much better and I now have her walking to and from the kitchen with my assistance. She is standing up a little straighter. She still gets tired but not like last week.

She is eating. She says, I'm hungry. Did I say I was hungry? I not hungry. Sound confusing? Bottom line she is eating every time. She is also drinking water and some juice.

Now for this one. Tada. She is slugging down the dreaded prune juice and it is working. Magic.

I can't say that we are out of the woods just yet. But, compared to last Friday, excellent. Compared to May 10? Still to be determined.

It appears that Dotty will be able to get on the blog tomorrow and speak for herself. At least I am hoping that she can and will. So keep your eyes open for Dotty.


Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Enter Your Email Address


More About the Alzheimer's Reading Room


Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. Bob has written more than 1,510 articles with more than 8,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.



The Alzheimer's Action Plan
 
300 Tips for Making Life Easier



Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)