Marist Poll Shows Americans are Informed About Alzheimer's Disease

Victor
By -
0
I would bet that less than half of Americans can spell Alzheimer's correctly on the first try...

By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room

A recent Marist poll shows that twenty-five (25) percent of Americans believe they are "very informed" about Alzheimer's disease. An additional fifty-one (51) percent believe they are "informed".




Obviously, this is a very broad question and this is a very reputable poll. However, I find it impossible to believe that 76 percent of American's are "very informed" or "informed" about Alzheimer's disease.

In fact, I would bet that less than half of Americans can spell Altimers correctly on the first try. ;>)

What do I base this on? About half the people that come to the Alzheimer's Reading Room via Google search spell Alzheimer's incorrectly. You would have to assume that people using a computer, in general, are better educated than those that don't use a computer.

I would estimate that a year after doing research and a couple of years of taking care of my mother, I finally reached what I would describe as "informed" about Alzheimer's disease. Am I now "very informed"? I'll let you decide.

Care to tell us what you think?

Related Articles


Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)