Alzheimer's on Long Island: The Deckers

Victor
By -
0
By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Editor

From glamor to incoherence: Alzheimer's patient Emma Decker spent her days walking in circles and mumbling.

I felt my heart rate going up. I continued to click to the next picture. I wanted to stop but I couldn't. I started to wonder...



To view this picture gallery go here.

To view a very moving video go here.

They say a picture is worth a thousand word.

I experienced my usual yin and yang while viewing these pictures and watching the video. My heart started to race, in a way it was horrific. It was Alzheimer's.

Later I started to think about the caregivers--the wonderful people. I'm sure they heard thousands of times -- how do you do it. How?

This is a real depiction of Alzheimer's. You'll need Kleenex. You might want to send this to someone you know.

To Lynn Decker and Heide Leuthner, God bless you.


Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room

Enter Your Email Address


Lynn Decker, sitting next to family members and her partner, Heide Leuthner, loses her composure during the memorial service for her mother, Emma Decker, who died from complications of Alzheimer's disease.

Popular articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room

The 36-Hour Day: A Family Guide to Caring for People with Alzheimer Disease, Dementia, and Memory Loss

Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The Alzheimer's Reading Room is the number one website on the Internet for news, advice, and insight into Alzheimer's disease. Bob has written more than 1, 800 articles with more than 108,200 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.

Original content Bob DeMarco, Alzheimer's Reading Room

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)