In honor of all those I have known that have suffered with Alzheimer's

Victor
By -
0
Bob DeMarco, the founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room has asked me to share my knowledge, experience, and passion with his readers. This is a great honor, privilege and responsibility, which I take very serious.
Angil Tarach (RN GCM) is a nationally known expert in senior care and advocacy, with over 30 years of experience.  Angil brings a wealth of knowledge and compassion to the Alzheimer's Reading Room. Angil is also the owner of Visiting Angels in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  Angil writes about Caregiving, Health Care, and issues that affect seniors for the Alzheimer's Reading Room.
For a moment, I want to honor those who I've had the privilege of knowing and working with who have suffered from this devastating disease. Although I didn't know many of them prior to being diagnosed with Alzheimer's, I didn't value them any less. I treated them with the highest respect and dignity possible. One of my goals in writing for the Alzheimer's Reading Room is to help people understand the need for patience, dignity, and respect in Alzheimer's care. I have learned so much from their journey, which enables me to help with yours, and in that I honor each of the wonderful men and women I have known, who have suffered.

Alzheimer's patients need us to care and advocate for them, when they can no longer care for themselves. They need our love, understanding, support and patience. They need us to keep them safe, and provide the best we have to offer.

I will write from my my profession background as a nurse, my 30+ years of experience and my heart. I hope my addition to Bob DeMarco and the Alzheimer's Reading Room will be beneficial to the readers, and families caring for a loved one.

I am always open to comments and questions, so please feel free to contact me by email.

Follow Angil Tarach RN on Twitter.

Popular articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room

The 36-Hour Day: A Family Guide to Caring for People with Alzheimer Disease, Dementia, and Memory Loss



Subscribe to The Alzheimer's Reading Room--via Email

Original content Angil Tarach, Alzheimer's Reading Room

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)