Dotty Perks Way Up

Victor
By -
0
To be honest it was hard to believe the way Dotty acted this morning. I wish you were here with me...

Alzheimer's Reading Room

I'll get right to it.

Dotty woke up very early this morning, before me. I heard her rattling around and I just listened waiting to hear what would happen.


I heard her moving around in the kitchen. Then I heard the front door open and then close. More rattling around after a bit.

I went out to check on Dotty.

Dotty had turned on the coffee, pressed the button. Next she opened the front door and grabbed the newspaper. There she sat reading the paper. She even had it open.

I had a short conversation with Dotty and then got ready for the podcast.

Listen here --Dotty Gets Herself Up and Into the Kitchen.

Pretty interesting. Unfortunately, right after I ended the podcast Dotty started singing. I missed it. First time I can remember that happening in a long time.

Later I gave Dotty her breakfast. Then when I wasn't looking she gave herself a second breakfast. Finally, she tried to make it into the living room. I helped her when she ran out of walls and things to hang on to.

There are couple of other interesting tidbits.

Yesterday I gave Dotty a double shot of the magic elixir -- prune juice. It worked like a charm. In fact, I would have to describe the result as more like a man poop. I had turned off the toilet so I could examine the result. Make sure there is no blood in the stool or any problem. No problem.

Dotty is now holding on to her pee very well. This is a big big change. Have not seen that in more than a month -- maybe a couple of months. Plus, when she goes sometimes there is a lot of volume. This surprised me a bit.

The things you need to do as an Alzheimer's caregiver. Who knew.

Early this morning did remind me a bit of the old days. Dotty gets up early, turns on the coffee pot, and grabs the paper.

We shall see what happens next.

I would like to take Dotty out to either the Banana Boat or Vic and Angelos'. This could be an insurmountable problem. For one thing, there is no way Dotty is going to let me push her around in a wheelchair in public. And, even if we valet park, I doubt if Dotty can make it all the way into the restaurant. Maybe, maybe not. I really don't want to do anything to stress her system. I really want to avoid all possibilities of a setback.

I could take her and sit her up outside at Mc Donald's. I could park right next to the tables there.

I definitely need to get her out and into some bright light.

I am also wondering if we will ever make it back to the gym.

One day at at time. We shall see.



Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Enter your email address:


Bob DeMarco is the Founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The blog contains more than 2,255 articles with more than 272,100 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.


Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room

Tags:

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)