Alzheimer's and Change (Podcast)

Victor
By -
0
You get to decide. To continue to vent about the same things over and over, or to be a catalyst of change.....

By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room

Most people resist change. Get up the same time in the morning, go to work, come home. This is a pattern of behavior.

When you drive to and from work do you take the same route day after day?

Do you eat the same meal on most Sunday's? Or, do you eat something different every Sunday?

My mother was doing the same crazy behaviors over and over. I noticed she did most of the things that were driving me crazy at the same time of day.

I thought to myself, if I can change the patterns maybe I can change the behaviors. I wondered if I could substitute new and different activities and create new and positive behaviors.

I thought, well I have plenty of time, nothing better to do really. I'll give it a try.

It worked.


I put this podcast up at night because I thought that some of you might be more patient and listen. This podcast lasts six minutes.

I suggest you listen, take a few notes, give this some thought, and then decide if this might work for you.

It is your life so the decision is yours to make.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have. Use the Add New Comment section below this article.




If you don't see the podcast -- go here.



Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Enter your email address:

Alzheimer's Disease -- Advice and Insight


Bob DeMarco is the Founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The blog contains more than 2,201 articles with more than 272,100 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.

The Alzheimer's Action Plan

 

The Art of Dementia Care



Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)